- Patients will be required to follow all health and safety rules laid out by the practice including Covid-19 measures.
- All patients are required to complete a medical history form prior to their first appointment and it is your duty to update us on any address or telephone number changes.
- All information will be treated as confidential and protected in accordance with Data Protection legislation.
- You can expect to be met with the utmost courtesy and warmth from the team at Masters Orthodontics as we are always ready to look after you. We will not tolerate any rude or abusive behaviour and anybody showing aggression towards staff will be shown the door and discharged from our care.
About your treatment
- Orthodontic treatment plans are valid for 3 months from issue. Should a fee increase occur, we will honour the quoted amount as long as you have started your treatment within the 3 month period.
- Treatment plans and costs can be subject to change if necessary for your dental health or treatment outcome. Should this happen, we will inform you at the earliest opportunity.
- You must comply with all reasonable requirements set out by Dr. Masters in order to improve and maintain your dental health. Failing to do so may compromise your treatment plan.
- Consent forms are a requirement prior to any treatment. You may be required to sign a consent form for every part/visit of your treatment journey. We are great at explaining treatment and our clinicians will always make you aware of the risks, benefits and give ample time to discuss or answer any questions you have.
- Actual insurance benefits will be determined by the insurance carrier if applicable.
- Before orthodontic treatment begins, it will be necessary to have a check-up and any necessary dental work. Once orthodontic therapy begins, you will be expected to continue to have regular 3 to 6 month check-ups and routine care. Routine dental care will help ensure the best possible results from your orthodontic therapy.
About your appointments
- We require you to arrive on time to all appointments. Appointment times are specifically allocated so we may need to reschedule you if you’re late.
- Initial consultations require an upfront non-refundable payment of £80 in order to secure the appointment. This fee comes of the total cost of treatment should you decide to accept it. If no treatment is undertaken, the initial consultation fee will not be refunded .
- If you are unable to attend your appointment with us you must give us 24-48 hours notice. If you fail to do so a late cancellation fee or missed fee will apply.
- Should you fail two appointments with us in a treatment course, we reserve the right to reassess your commitment as a patient and may be necessary to discharge you from our service.
- Should you require information about monthly payments, we will be happy to assist you and discuss finance options.
- There is an option for a 14 day cooling off period with finance. If you decide to cancel your finance agreement after this, a 10% cancellation fee will be charged.
- In the event that your treatment has been paid for but cannot be completed by you or Dr. Masters, any credit remaining can be refunded to you.
About your guarantee
- Our work is guaranteed for 1 year from the date of removal of your orthodontic appliance (assuming retainers are used as instructed). The guarantee does not include failure due to lack of proper cleaning, home care, breakage due to trauma, inappropriate use or deliberate damage, new decay, gum recession exposing edges of crowns/bridges, periodontal (gum) disease or habits such as nail biting.
- Dr. Masters holds clinical responsibility for your treatment plan, warranty and duty of care.
- Completed orthodontic treatment does not guarantee perfectly straight teeth for the rest of your life. Teeth have a memory and often try to move back to their original positions. Retainers are required to keep your teeth in their new positions. Regular retainer wear is often necessary for lifetime as your body is continually undergoing growth and maturation. Minor irregularities, particularly in the lower front teeth may occur. In summary, you need your retainers to keep your teeth as straight as possible, but even with good retainer wear your teeth may move slightly. Failure to wear the retainers will result in relapse. In the event of relapse NO further treatment will be offered. In the event of relapse you might require further treatment which will incur an additional cost.
- If you lose or damage the retainer beyond repair, you will have to pay for a replacement retainer at a cost of £100 per retainer.
1. We understand sometimes you need to cancel your treatment and appointments. You are entitled to a refund of your deposit/amount paid if:
- You have met the cancellation policy of 24-48hours notice.
- You have not started the treatment already.
- There is no lab work/fee associated with your appointment.
- All refund requests must be in writing for approval. Please email us on [email protected] and we will send you a ‘Refund Request form’ to complete.
- Please allow up to 7 business days from your written refund request for the accounting team to organise the refund. A senior member of staff will call you to process the refund over the phone.
Feedback and complaints
- All feedback whether negative or positive is welcome at Masters Orthodontics. Feedback is used to review and improve quality of service. You may submit feedback verbally, via email, via the practice website.
- If you have a complaint please inform us as soon as possible or email us at [email protected]. An appointment will be made for you to be seen. A copy of our Complaints Policy is available on request or found in the footer on the website.
We are delighted that you have chosen Masters Orthodontics for your Orthodontic Treatment and we are excited to be with you every step of the way on your journey to a perfect smile!